VAT Planning for your Business
At The VAT People, our specialist consultants have helped hundreds of businesses with all aspects of VAT planning. With more than 20 years in the industry, we are well placed to assist your company, no matter what your individual requirements might be.
We understand how difficult it can be to decipher how much you need to pay, as well as any reliefs you may be entitled to, but we can help you every step of the way when it comes to ensuring you are compliant with HMRC regulations.
Our specialists can help you to understand and manage all of your VAT obligations for the different types of transaction you may be carrying out. For more information about our services, contact us by calling 0161 477 6600, or fill out an online enquiry form and we will be in touch.
How we can help you
We are well equipped to use our expertise to help your business with every aspect of VAT planning.
The VAT People can advise on the structure of new business ventures, one off property transactions, business transfers and any other scenarios where a VAT leakage might arise. We will help your business to ensure that it maximises its VAT position whilst remaining compliant with the letter and spirit of the law.
We also offer a wide variety of VAT training opportunities for businesses across a variety of industries. To find out more, visit our VAT training page.
How we have helped others
Some examples of our interventions to assist clients in this area include:
● Reducing a private developer’s VAT costs to 5% on the contractor’s costs in a business transaction involving turning residential properties into flats.
● A review of a company’s partial exemption calculations, which identified that no annual adjustments had been made and, on recalculation, we discovered over £50,000 in additional VAT due to the client.
● A review of a company’s non-UK activities uncovered a responsibility to register for VAT in another EU member state, but by structuring the arrangements in the correct manner we ensured full recovery of VAT on expenditure incurred there.
● We ensured that an overseas property development company could recover almost £80,000 on VAT incurred in the UK.
● We helped to remove the VAT charge and reduced the Stamp Duty cost on the purchase of a VAT-opted commercial building containing an ongoing tenancy.
Get in touch
Before your business undertakes any major transaction, simply contact us to talk through the potential consequences and any opportunities there may be to make VAT savings. Contact us either by calling 0161 477 6600, or fill out an online contact form and we will be in touch.
Latest Case Studies
Watch Our Videos
Get the vital information you need quickly and easily by watching one of our guidance videos - topics include VAT assessments and penalties, VAT for charities, and maximising VAT recovery.