It is extremely important to include consideration of VAT before any major business transaction.
Some recent examples of our interventions to assist with planning: -
- Reducing a private developer’s VAT costs to 5% on the contractor’s costs in converting residential properties into flats
- A review of a company’s partial exemption accounting procedures identified that no annual adjustments had been undertaken, on recalculation over £50k additional VAT was recovered
- A review of a company’s non-UK activities revealed a responsibility to register for VAT in another EU member state but ensured full recovery of VAT of expenditure incurred there.
- We ensured that an overseas property development company could recover almost £80,000 on VAT incurred in the UK
- We helped to remove the VAT charge and reduced the Stamp Duty cost on the purchase of a VAT opted commercial building containing an ongoing tenancy
Before your business undertakes any major transaction simply contact us to talk through the potential VAT consequences.