Brockley’s Rock, a fish and chip shop, appealed against HMRC’s decision to asses…
One of the most important aspects of carrying out any kind of major business transaction is to consider the VAT to be paid, and what this means for the company. Failure to take into consideration the VAT owed can leave businesses in tricky financial situations, or unable to complete a deal.
Our specialists can help you to understand and deal with all of your VAT obligations, on all kinds of deals. For further information about our services and how can help you process any transaction without a hitch, call us on 0800 077 4604 or contact us to find out more about our services.
Our expertise and experience
Some recent examples of our interventions to assist with VAT planning include: -
- Reducing a private developer’s VAT costs to 5% on the contractor’s costs, in a business transaction involving turning residential properties into flats
- A review of a company’s partial exemption accounting procedures identified that no annual adjustments had been undertaken, and on re-calculation we recovered over £50k in additional VAT
- A review of a company’s non-UK activities revealed a responsibility to register for VAT in another EU member state, but ensured full recovery of VAT of expenditure incurred there
- We ensured that an overseas property development company could recover almost £80,000 on VAT incurred in the UK
- We helped to remove the VAT charge and reduced the Stamp Duty cost on the purchase of a VAT opted commercial building containing an ongoing tenancy.
Before your business undertakes any major transaction simply contact us to talk through the potential consequences and any opportunities there may be to make VAT savings.
Get in Touch